20130110

Ode to the pencil


Dear Pencil

How long you are. How clean and fascinating you are.
But as the time passes, you will be shorter.
But as the time passes, you will be dirty.
But as the time passes, you will be abandoned.
But as the time passes, I will be compassionate of you.

How hardworking you are. How nice you are.
But as the time passes, you won't be used.
But as the time passes, you won't work hard.
But as the time passes, you won't be nice as well.
But as the time passes, I will still be kind to you.

You are colorful at the outside,
but you are always black in outside.
You could be weak at the outside,
but you are strong inside.
You are much smaller than us,
but you are very helpful when writing.
You are much shorter than us,
but you make a strong power in writing.

How I feel thankful for you.
How I am pleased by you.
How I appreciate you.
How I love you.

From,
Seongho
 

3 comments:

  1. Seongho,

    You did a fantastic job on this ode. I really like your use of repetition in this ode. You also use very colorful, descriptions which are very effective. Keep up thr great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    It is really a nice piece work!! I enjoyed reading your great ode to your pencil. Clean and neat style of writing and good choice of pictures. Keep up the good work~

    -Yongwook, Oh (Writing TA)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your ode is really amazing!
    I envy you because I am not good at repetition, and you used it so well!

    ReplyDelete